Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Run...Forest...run!

Today was one of those days were you look around and go whose body is this??!!

Now, I have that sometimes. Usually it’s because I am sucking so much ass that I can’t believe it. But today was one of those days on the opposite end of the spectrum.

I was hauling some serious butt out there today!

The whole run (3 miles) felt very easy and slow for me. I was thinking that the cold (relatively) would get to me, but that was no problem. I was thinking that the swimming workout I did the night before would get me, no problem-o. If nothing else, I figured the fact that I was a dumbass and didn’t go to bed until 1 am and 4 hours of sleep would do it. But it turns out that everything lined up for me and I was Billy Bad Ass out there.

Maybe it’s a sign. Maybe I should always stay up to late, work too hard and be a general dumbass! This might be a whole new leaf for me. I could break new records, write books on how to be a dumbass and beat the system. I could be a MILLIONARE (then I could REALLY be a dumbass).

Me thinks not. Fluke, I say. But we’ll see.

In the meantime, I just hope that the group doesn’t start expecting that kind of performance out of me all the time. They’ll be in for a rude awakening!

1 comment:

IronTriTim said...

Sounds like your body is getting used to being an athlete, keep going.