Friday, June 20, 2008

We all have our own special needs


I don’t know what it is about swimming, but I suck at it!

I don’t "suck" suck, but I 'suck'.

I’ve learned that I can swim now (which is a BIG improvement), and I’ve learned that I can swim in rough water, and I’ve learned that I can swim for a long time. But I have always known that I suck.

I am SLOW!
S.L.O.W.


Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being slow. I am very happy just to be able to swim period.

But…

I just wished that I didn’t get lapped so easily. Ugh..there is nothing more dishearting then getting lapped by the people doing backstroke.


BACKSTROKE! They’re not even watching where they are going and they pass me. They don’t have a care in the world, there they go, floating on their back, slowly (lazily) swinging their arms over their heads. I think that one is asleep!

And he is still passing me!

Dear god,

I am not asking for much, just please don’t let me be beat by Mr. backstroker!










On a side note,

CDA is here! I know how I’ll be spending my Sunday! At the Las Vegas Mini Tri but after that…Ironmanlive or Ironmandelayed or ironman(what the hell reception is this??).

Las Vegas has a whole slew of people going including the infamous JT.

Good luck everybody and all those bloggers out there too!

If you’re looking for inspiration, check this out:


http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=3591&ID=8887202&FROM=photos&BIB=211


Yes, that is correct! That is a afro wig! And that is a pink bathrobe!

Aaron Schwartzbard – you're my hero!

Check out his RR here.

Best line:
….She found the appropriate pile, and found my bag. She held it open in front of me, while I pulled out a large afro wig, and put it on. She looked a little confused, so I explained, "We all have our own special needs." With that, I took the remainder of the contents of the bag: a pink bath robe I had put in there, and a package of pork rinds some friends had snuck in there
….

5 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

"We all have our own special needs"?! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha! LOVE the moxy! Thank you so so much for sharing. And? I'll trade you the very pregnant lady who lapped me for your Mr. Backstroker any day of the week (and twice on race Sundays.)

IronTriTim said...

Everyone sucks at swimming, unless you've swum all your life. For the rest of us, swimming is just that short bit we suck at before getting on the bike!

Anonymous said...

Swimming ain't my specialty either, but stick with it...we'll keep improving!

Rachel said...

Keep on swimming...it DOES get easier!

Stef0115 said...

Time in the water baby, time in the water! You will get there.

I still need to master the chop!