Friday, January 18, 2008

California Ironman 2009

Not that I want to contribute to the rumor mill (but apparently I do)…

It’s been said here, that the ever encompassing world of Ironman may become even more ever encompassing.

There’s a chance that the California 70.3 (Oceanside) will become a full 140.6 in 2009!

According to my in-depth research (which consist of hiring two Crack addicts for pennies on the dollar to filter through the Internet for anything resembling California Ironman), there DID indeed use to be a California Ironman.

But it looks like it was only for a couple of years 2000 and 2001. Both were done on the same day as the now California Half-ironman.

Not sure why they decided to change to Half and not sure why they will decide to take it to the full again. But it seems that changing it back to the long course shouldn’t cost them anymore and they’ll just make it a two loop system.

Here’s hoping! (Although at this time in my training, it doesn’t really matter to me)

6 comments:

Stef0115 said...

Hmmmm . . . sounds like someone is making some plans . . .?

The Stretch Doc said...

thats what im saying Stef..

Form will be signing up!!!

rockon`

Ryan said...

If your thinking about it, and it opens up, DO IT! You know you want to. Just try it. It makes you feel good. What am I? The IM pusher? If that turns to a full distance in 09 I am so there. I am a San Diego native and any reason that I can get back home is great, but to be able to do the big show in your own backyard is awesome. See you there!

IronTriTim said...

Its amazing what the pressure / excitement of an IM hanging on your back will do. It is a great motivator. Go on if its true sign up. You will be surprised what your body can achieve.

Donald said...

I didn't do either race, but I remember hearing about a lot of logistical issues those first two races had. I think they've done enough spinoff races now that they'll probably be successful the second time around - assuming this is all confirmed, of course.

Formulaic said...

Alright! Alright!

All I'm saying is that "if" the Ironman comes to CA, I'll 'consider it'.

There! I've said it! (Does that count as declaring my intention??!!)