Something is UP!!
Here is a hint:
Get it yet?
OK how about this:
Get it NOW!
All I can say is:
We are having a baby!
You can read all the details here (the Mrs.)
Here’s the executive summary
Who: We don’t have a name yet, but it’ll be strong and powerful. It’ll scream sensuality. It’ll be the best name ever: We’re leaning towards ‘Macca Wellington Rowe’ or ‘Christie McAlexander Rowe’. Personally I am leaning towards Izaac Jr.
What: Um...A baby (DUH!)
Where: Las Vegas, NV (but I’m trying to convince her that Spokane is a beautiful city)
When: June 21, 2009
Why: Well….you know….practice makes pregnant!
OK, enough about her, let's talk about ME!
To those that are astute or those that actually looked here, you noticed that the due date is a rather common date.
Not only is it Father’s day (what a present!), but it has some other significance.
It just so happens to be on the exact day of IM-CDA. Yes the exact day!
Now I know what you’re thinking (because I thought it myself), it’ll be perfect, do CDA then have a baby all in the same day. PeRfEcT!
Alas, apparently pregnancies don’t work like that. I guess there is this whole rule about not flying when you’re due (like that day!).
So flying is out…
And the Mrs. has this silly thought that she doesn’t want to have a baby on the side of the road, while we are driving to Coeur d'alene.
So driving is out
Maybe CDA is out? I contacted NAS, and while they were extremely friendly, they explained with no uncertain terms that there was no getting out. No transfer, no postpone, nothing. A small refund but other than that I was crap out of luck.
Add in the Dave Scott story and how cool of an opportunity this is and it means that dropping CDA is a hard decision.
Of course there is NOTHING more important than being there for the birth of our baby.
It’s a pickle! No doubt about it.
Statistics say that it being her first born that she won’t deliver until after her due date but…that’s a big gamble.
What do you guys think?
In the meantime, I’ll probably just train like CDA is going to happen and we’ll make the plane tickets or not later on. Still got 190 days (Ahh only 190 left!)