Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nice bike, but a bad helmet!

OUCH! This training stuff hurts!

This whole time I have been worried that I would be losing my training fitness. Slower on the bike; slower on the swim (as if that was possible); slower on the run.

It turns out I should have been worried about losing the fitness in my butt!

Um….

I mean…my butt is sore…

Um…

I mean…It hurts to sit down…

Um…

I have saddle sores….

DAMN!

OK. I mean that I seem to have lost my endurance to sit on the bike for prolonged periods of time!

Whew!

By sit, I don’t just mean sit, but ride! As in ride my bike!

By prolonged, I mean more that 10 seconds.

HOLY COW!

I remember being able to ride 8+ hours without complaint. Now I ride for more than 2 minutes and I am squirming around in the saddle.

Screw losing my athletic fitness, I should have worried about becoming a tender piece of tail/Butt Buster/A Butt Bruiser/A Nice ride/A pair of nice pants




Title

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I went through 4 or 5 saddles and the same number of bike shorts before being able to find the magic combo that allows me to ride for 8 hours and still pee without a burning sensation afterwards. ;)

SWTrigal said...

Damn! That hurts reading about it!

Calyx Meredith said...

Time In The Saddle - nothing like it. Hope you and your various sore bits are healed soonest!